What Styliio IPL does?
The Styliio IPL Handset uses IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), which is a modern type of laser hair removal used for long-term, pain-free hair removal. When our Handset is used on your hair, it absorbs the IPL which then heats and stimulates the hair root, triggering it to go into resting phase. Hair then falls out naturally and regrowth is slowed, and then totally prevented after a few uses.
What is IPL?
IPL = Intense Pulsed Light.
It is a continuous, multi-wavelength, incoherent light with a wavelength range of 500 to 1200 nm. It has the effect of occluding blood vessels, removing hair and remove wrinkles.
How IPL works?
The light can penetrate the epidermis, can reach the dermis and be absorbed by follicles. The heat generated by the light will make the hair drop off. After the irradiation of IPL, the follicles will hibernate and the hair will stop growing causing the permanent hair removal.
Before you start with Styliio IPL
Some hair and skin types are a little more tricky to treat. Darker hair follicles are the easiest to treat,because the laser targets the hair’s pigment, while grey, blonde and red pigments can be tricky, as can darker skin tones. We do not recommend to use Styliio IPL on these skin tones. The device has 8 stength level adjustments and comes with clear instructions on which setting to pick for each skin and hair type.
Check the image guide below for a quick guidance to decide if Styliio IPL is right for you.
Do I need to get any protective measures before using Styliio IPL?
- The device works best when the contrast between your darker hair and lighter skin is greatest, so before you start it is safer to be free of a tan, natural or fake. Also, it is recommended that you avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours before or after your treatment.
- The area to be treated should be clean shaven and free of sunburn.
- Always use protective eye googles. Your safety is a priority to us. You will find a pair included in package for free! Just use it
- When you find the right intensity level for you from the chart it is also advisable to test the intensity level on a part of your body before applying to bigger areas. If you feel uncomfortable lower the level.
Is it safe?
Absolutely! There have been a number of studies around the world which prove the safety and effectiveness of IPL for hair removal. Due to this fact, it has become an extremely popular safe and effective method of hair removal. Though, certain skin conditions, health irregularities, and medications can impact whether it is safe for a person to receive a light-based hair removal treatment.
Does it hurt?
One of the many advantages of Styliio IPL over other types of laser is that it is pain-free. Most customers explain the feeling as a warm sensation on the skin. It always depends on the type of the skin, the tolerance of the body and if there are any other conditions, it may get slight uncomfortable. It should never be painful.
Are the results permanent?
Although IPL treatments will permanently reduce the total number of body hairs, they will not result in a permanent removal of all hair.
In order to achieve the best possible results
- Consistency is key. Because your hair follicles are on their own individual growth cycles, you have to keep you sessions with Styliio IPL consistent in order to maximize the potential of targeting the most follicles.
- Be patient, expect obvious results after 3 months.
How often should I use the Syliio IPL device?
At any one time, not all hair follicles are ‘active’, and only active hair follicles can be affected by the treatment. ‘Inactive’ hair follicles can be treated as they become ‘active’ over time.
Depending on the body part, we recommend using the Styliio IPL device once every 4 to 6 weeks in order to catch the new hair that is starting to return in its growth cycle. For legs, it is once every 8 to 12 weeks as the hair growth rate on this body part is much slower.
Can I shave in between sessions?
Yes, and actually it is a must! For IPL to be effective, the hair needs to be present in the hair follicle. Shaving is the best method between sessions and is recommended the day before, or the morning of treatment. However depilatory creams may be used, but you need to leave a week or two before and after an IPL treatment.
Photorejuvenation with Styliio IPL?
How does it work?
IPL works by emitting a range of lightwaves that break down the vessel walls of the haemoglobin, causing them to fragment and be reabsorbed by the body, meaning any discoloured blotches in the face, neck, chest or hands will become much less visible.
IPL works on the following:
- Lightening and removing “sun spots”, “age spots”, and pigmentation on the face, neck, chest, hands and other areas of the body.
- Lightening and reducing redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels and “broken” blood vessels on the face, neck and chest.
can help reduce the appearance of some of the most common skin woes, including brown spots, melasma, broken capillaries and sun damage. This minimally invasive skin procedure can also treat signs of aging such as wrinkles or age spots. There’s very little recovery time and few side effects, making it a popular skin treatment.
the light acts on skin and promotes skin metabolism to achieve the effects of skin rejuvenation and anti-wrinkles. By treating a deeper layer of the skin, IPL stimulates collagen growth and helps improve the skin's texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- If you want to improve the look of your skin without undergoing a full surgical procedure
- If you have redness, brown spots or scarring on your skin
- If you would like to reduce pore size, fine wrinkles and improve skin texture